- Class is collection of data members and member fn.
- Object is a instance of a class
- Abstraction is hiding unessential things and reveal the essential things.
- Encapsulation is wrapping up data and functions into a single unit Abstraction implies encapsulation.(Relationship between Abstraction and Encapsulation)
- Inheritance is a process of crating new class form existing class. The new class is called Derived class and the old class is called Base class Inheritance is mainly used to code reusability.In multiple inheritance occur an ambiguity error. But multilevel inheritance not occur an ambiguity error.
- Composite is a opposite of Inheritance. It’s used to related between two distinct classes (unrelated classes).
- Function overloading function having same name with different signature in same class.
- Operator overloading means to work on a different operand.
- Function overriding function having same name with same signature in different class.
- Polymorphism is ability to assure several distinct forms(tasks). There are two type of polymorphism is available
i. static or compile time Polymorphism
(Operator overloading and function overloading)
ii.Dynamic or run time Polymorphism ( Virtual function)
- Virtual functions work in overridden technique. Virtual fn is mainly used to, base class pointer can access derived class functions.
- Abstract class means, a class which contain at least one pure virtual function. In abstract class cannot create an object.
- Pure virtual function is a virtual function with expression equal to zero in declaration part.
- Macro is a single line replacement of set of statements.
- Inline is a keyword , its appear before function name. This function is faster than normal function. Inline function is a single line replacement of set of statements.
Both (macro and inline function) functions are replaced a set of
statement. The statements are replaced in Pre-compilation Time
- Inline functions are used
in Type checking like normal function.
But macro won’t (Difference)
structure , the default access specifies is Public. But class , is Private (Difference)
- In structure, the data members are associated in separate
memory. But Union, data members are
shared in common memory. The size of union = Largest data member size in union (Difference).
- New is
operator, it’s overloaded, it’s call constructor automatically. But malloc() is not overloaded and it’s
cannot call constructor. But both are allocate memory.(Difference)
- Malloc() and calloc() both are
allocate memory. But malloc() allocate memory and store(initialize) the garbage
value. But calloc() allocate memory, its allocate integer type then initialize
zero its string initialize NULL value. (Difference)
statement delete the all elements in an array, but the destructor call only the
first element.delete statement delete
the all element in an array, the destructor call each and every element in an
- Delete is a operator, it can be
overload. Its call destructor call automatically. Delete operator mainly used
to de-allocate memory.
- New is a operator , its overload
operator. Its call constructor automatically. New operator mainly used to
- Constructor is call automatically,
whenever an object is created then the constructor is call. Constructor is overload, it cannot return a
value, and return type.
- Destructor is a call automatically,
whenever an object is destroyed then the destructor will call.Its can’t overloaded, its cannot return a
value and return type.
- this pointer is a constant pointer. Its
can use only non static member function. Its cannot used in static member
function, because the static function share in all object but the this pointer
points the current object.
Ø int (*p) ------ Pointer to array , first preference in pointer
Ø int *p ------ Array of pointer to int value , first preference in array
Ø int *f() ------ function pointer
Ø int (*f)() ------ pointer to function